Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Field inspector- meet at home or mechanic

Hi everyone... i was hoping for some advice on the following. I was just in an accident, it was the other person's fault and her insurance is going to pay for it, 21st insurance i think. I have a body shop that is owned by my best friends father. I am new to the area and know he will do a good job. He is not on the list of preffered shops, but i trust him. The field inspector was originally going to come to my work to look at the car, but my friend said as this was not my own insurance i was dealing with, i should have them come to the car repair shop to make sure they are going to be fair. This seemed like a plausible idea, as i have never been involved in an accident before and have no idea what I'm doing. Heres the wird part, after i called back to ask them to meet me at the shop, they stopped calling back. I havent heard anything about setting up an appointment, and then i got a call the other day from the other insurance saying they were looking into liability that i might share some fault (which i clearly don't). What is going on, and what should i do? Their reaction was very wierd. Should i not have asked them to go to the mechanic and just meet me at work?

No comments: