Saturday, March 15, 2008

I recently transferred the title of a relative's car under

Another question is, in the state of Hawaii, who is liable in the case of a 3 car accident? In my statement, the person in front of my was at a stop, and as I was slowly approaching to stop behind him, the car behind me hit me and i propelled forward and hit the car. More damages were made to the front of my car and only scratches to the back but the insurance rep of the car behind me stated that my damages were inconsistent and that maybe i was the one who hit the car in front of me first and then the car hit me from behind. If that was the case, why didn't the person in front of me have more damages to their rear bumper (they only had minor damages)? Of course, I would get the most damages since I was right smack in the middle of the accident. Under my relative's insurance (GEICO), they want to investigate whether or not I was covered under the insurance, and if I wasn't covered, then if the fault was blamed on me then they wouldn't have to cover any damages. The other thing is that the insurance representative of the car behind me is also from GEICO and he had stated that they were going to be liable for my damages and told me to get an estimate. Now that they've seen my damages which is a total loss, they're claiming that my damages were inconsistent. This has really been stressing me out since I feel that I am getting screwed around with. Anyone, please help on what I should do now. Thank you!

No comments: