Friday, March 14, 2008

I am presently on the receiving end of a claim

I was rear-ended while stopped at a light by a woman chatting on a cell phone as she hit me traveling in excess of 45 mph. Her big Buick had the front end smashed all the way back to the firewall. My foot was on the brake of my car, and when I noticed the skid marks from my tires, I realized her hit was hard enough to leave five-foot long skid marks from my tires. Progressive has assigned two patronizing ladies to andquot;helpandquot; me. They have detailed information from my doctors describing my injuries, and pay logs showing that I lost thousands of dollars in lost earnings. The first nit-picked my loss of income, and she asked me for andquot;more informationandquot;. andquot;What specific information do you need?andquot; andquot;I don't know, I don't understand how your industry operates, nor how you get paid.andquot; andquot;Well, perhaps Progressive needs to assign a rep who understands my business.andquot; andquot;Are you questioning my intelligence??!!??andquot; andquot;Hey, you just said you don't have the knowledge or experience to understand how I get paid.andquot; andquot;Well Mr. (Me), you simply have not proven to me that you incurred a loss of income.andquot; andquot;Even if I gave you every document showing how I get paid, you have already said that you won't understand.andquot; andquot;WATCH WHAT YOU SAY Mr. (Me). Think verrrrry carefully before you say anything more.andquot; andquot;Your office can be seen from my office window. I shall grab my pay logs and meet you in your office in ten minutes. You may freely browse the file until you find the specific items you need.andquot; andquot;Mr. (Me) I have already told you that I don't know what documents I need because I don't understand your industry. Stay away from my office. I will not see you if you come over. If you set foot inside our office, I shall have the police arrest you for trespassing.andquot; Is that how a cheerful and helpful adjuster andquot;works hardandquot; to make me whole? Do I suffer from wrong thinking.

No comments: