Sunday, March 16, 2008

I didn't know that GEICO deleted my comprehensive coverage

I bough my certified 2003 Toyota Corolla on April 24th 2007, and I insured my car with GEICO for 6-month comprehensive coverage, and indicated that the car is financed when I request the quota. As a general rule, any financed vehicle should take comprehensive coverage. On 9/9/2007, the policy was renewed automatically. And I always paid the premium online. On 2/13/2008and#65292; my car skidded on the snowy road (a pile of snow left on the middle of the road) and hit into the barrier, and evaluated at total loss by body shop. Police came and filed the accident, then I reported claim to GEICO---------- All at a sudden, I was told that I donÂ't have a comprehensive /collision coverage!! After further inquiry, they explained that they deleted the comprehensive /collision coverage for lack of photo inspection! How can they do that without noticing me! MY God, I never knew that I had been left unprotected until the accident happened! Nobody has ever informed me the change of coverage!! GEICO insisted that they sent mail to my previous address requesting photo inspection, but I moved from Binghamton to Kirkwood. And before my move, I did receive several GEICO advertising mail with Â"important informationÂ" printed on the envelope. Possibly, I ignored one or two mails from GEICO after I received the insurance package which included my coverage in detail. Definitely, there is no page requesting photo inspection in the insurance package! or any this kind of reminder is included in the package. what should I do now? please send advice to my email: shijun_bu[at]yahoo.com. thanks very much. *e-mail id deactivated for your security Lakemen

No comments: