Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Can someone get a money judgement against me?

Dear all, nice to have found this forum. I have a serious question that I need your advise. I was involved in a car accident recently and there were severe damage on my car and the other driver's car, the other driver also reported severe personal injury to both my insurance company and their own insurance company. I am thinking at I may be at-fault, but need to wait for adjuster's final investigation. I have full insurance coverage, my liability coverage for personal injury is 30000 per person and 60000 per accident and my liability coverage for car damage is 25000. But the other driver hired a lawyer saying that my liability coverage for both personal injury and car damage will not be enough, I think they are planning to sue me and ask for a lot of money, I am worried if they could get a money judgement against me and execute against my property, I have bank accounts, salaries, and a house under my name and my title, will they be able to get additional money from me by execute against my bank accounts, salaries, my house? Thank you.

No comments: