Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pushed into a car driven by an operator with a Suspended DL

Looking at my options here... I got hit while stopped at a red light. The person that hit me is at fault (documented in the police report and his insurance co [State Farm] says he is 100% at fault). The force of the impact, pushed me into a car infront of me. No damage to my car, slight damage to his car. The driver of this car was cited for driving on a Suspended DL. Can I put a claim against this person's insurance co, for BI? If this person had not been driving, I would not have been pushed into them. I am guessing the driver that hit me has the minimum 25/50/20 coverage required in VA. So the most I could get is 25K, correct? I can only find out what the true coverage is ... is by suing, correct? I was diagnosed with degerative disc disease over 5 years ago and have been pain and problem free for the last 5 years. Since the accident, I am constantly in pain and had to turn on the implant I have, to help manage the pain. I have not had to use this device in over 5 years... Since the accident I am back under Doctor's care for my back and now my neck, after being release 5 years ago...

No comments: