Monday, April 7, 2008

I dont know what to do if anything....?

Over three months ago my Rav4 slid into the rear tire of a Ford F150 due to the driver's inability to stop in the snow. I live in CO and it was determined to be her fault so all the damages and a rental car were covered by her insurance, GEICO. The body shop took over a month to actually tow my car from my home to the shop and then it sat in the shop for a little over two more months before it was finally finished just this last Wednesday. Luckily, GEICO has been pretty good about their coverage and I have not had to pay anything. The body shop is my problem though... When I got my car back the gas tank was TOTALLY empty, it usually takes a little over 12 gallons when my car's light is on this time it took over 13 gallons to fill it up. I know this is trivial, but my car was not out of gas when it got towed to the shop and furthermore, where was it driven to? I would have let this minor thing slide had it not been for the fact that the very first day of having my car back it began to make a horrible, gravelly grinding sound every time we applied the brakes. I took it to the body shop and they claimed that its just wear and tear and I probably need new brakes. Sure enough, 400$ later I needed new brakes and rotors. My car was due for new brake pads when it went into the shop but there was no noise of any sort coming from my brakes when we got into this accident. I want to know what happened to my car for the two months it sat at the shop!!! Every week that I called I got a different story about when it would all be done and no one but the one guy assigned to me was ever able to tell me anything about the status of my car. Last Friday, when I called to check on my car for the umpteenth time, I was informed that the guy assigned to my claim was andquot;...no longer with the company...andquot; and then, miraculously, three days later my car is done. Long letter I know, but do I have any rights here? Is there any recourse that I can take? I have heard horror stories so of course my mind is reeling...any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No comments: