Saturday, April 26, 2008

My insurance company says me new car is totaled...

...but I am not positive that is true. The repair quote my claims agent gave me of $7500 is nowhere near the current value of the car, according to Edmund's and KBB. I just bought this 2008 Hyundai Son*ta four months ago and it is in excellent condition. The accident is still being investigated, but it looks like it I may be faulted because I can't prove that the other driver was speeding or that the traffic light had changed (no witnesses to confirm). So there it is. What options do I have to try to convince my insurance company to repair the vehicle instead? If that doesn't work, I am WAY upside-down on this car. I made the dumb mistake of buying a vehicle outside of my means w/ a low new car APR and I didn't get GAP insurance. I know...idiot. From what I understand, this basically means I'm screwed. I absolutely need a car for work that is reliable enough to travel cross-state. Will a dealer roll my loan into a new loan? Is that an incredibly stupid thing to do? I will be going back to graduate school soon and could, potentially, pay off my balance with education loans, but that is just delaying the debt... Help! Advice? Anyone that has had a similar situation...what did you do? I've learned a lot from this experience...that much is true.

No comments: